Thursday, November 3, 2011

University of Vermont is for rich liberals!

For those of you who know we, I really have a thing for Vermont. Frankly, I can't explain it. Vermont is a beautiful state with Lake Champlain, forest, and a close proximity to Canada. Maybe it's the uniqueness of it. Vermonters have always been off the beaten path and very individualistic. It might just be the fact that it sounds cool! In any case, I was college shopping last night and I decided to check out The University of Vermont. Their website was professional, the courses all sounded very interesting, and the campus had a beautiful view of Lake Champlain! However, I needed to do some more research so I headed over www.collegeprowler.com (isn't that the creepiest name for a website ever?) to check out what people are saying about it. Here is what i got out of the hundred something posts:
1. There is a lot of partying.
2. There is a lot of weed.
3. It's cold.
4. It's really expensive.
Upon a further inspection of the prices, I was flabbergasted to see the letters $47,000 staring me in the face. WHAT?! Yep, you heard me right. Tuition and living expenses total $47,000 a year. From what I had read, they were pretty stingy about financial aid. There is no way this was happening. So I began to wonder who it was that was going to this college. Of course. The weed, the partying, and the exorbitant prices all mean one thing. Rich liberals. It really is shame because it seems like a very good institution. New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology is sounding better and better as I go shopping around at other institutions!
My day was rather uneventful, however, my good friend Josiah showed me "The Cotton Patch Bible." Wow! THAT is some fun right there. The Cotton Patch Bible is (I believe) a respectful parody of the Bible where the authors attempts to translate the gospels of Matthew and John into a setting in the South. It's even written in a southern dialect. Obviously, this isn't the Word of God, but it is a very good source of entertainment as well a very original idea! I highly suggest reading a few chapters. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face!
God Bless,
Stanley
P.S. I remember another reason I like Vermont! It's because of the Green Mountain Boys lead by Ethan Allen who took Fort Ticonderoga. THEY are cool dudes!

1 comment:

  1. Well, the Cottonpatch is both fun and mentally scarring at the same time! I love it!

    ReplyDelete