Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Backpack and The Wilderness

One thing that I absolutely love to do is go backpacking. Yes, there's camping but then there's backpacking. Backpacking is man camping! There is nothing more manly than surviving out of a backpack in the wilderness. Sadly, I simply can't do it as often as I wish. Summer is the perfect time for camping, but Spring is great too! This lead me to my brilliant epiphany! Why not organize a high school guys backpacking trip? I asked my teacher Mr. French if he would lead it and he said he would love to! Next comes the research. I need to find an awesome trail to backpack. Then I need to get the guys stoked for it. I feel this is going to be the hardest part considering how much work backpacking is. Hopefully there won't be any problems with "walking", "working", or "carrying a backpack." Tis too often a hinderance. Backpacking is just too fun to pass up! I'm praying this will all come together...

Today I got a copy of God and Government Vol. 1 by Gary DeMar. I will need it for my class "God and Government" (didn't see that coming, eh?) in my senior year. Book collecting is not only a super fun and awesome hobby, but it's also very convenient! Anyways, tomorrow is bass lessons, so I got to go practice!

God Bless,
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment