Monday, November 7, 2011

Lead America? It's Tempting... I'll pass.

Lead America? Yeah, it's some organization that sent me a very official looking letter today. They're trying to get me to come to one of their high school conferences that give you a taste of college and teach you valuable skills. The one they have invited me to attend is the one about Law and Trial. Wow! The inner debater thirsts! It sounds like a lot of fun. One program takes place at New York Film Institute and you learn about media and another one takes place in Washington DC and you learn about politics. All these programs sound genuinely fun. The price tag certainly isn't pretty, but that is beside the point. I'm honored to be invited to attend, although I wonder how special I really am and how many high schoolers get these letters. :P Did I mention the Law & Trial Conference takes place at Stanford? You say "what?!" and I say "Yes!" Did you like that little exchange there? It was fun. Anyways, this seems like a really interesting opportunity and I'll have to mull it over, but in all practicality, it's likely not happening. Not that it doesn't sound fun or beneficial, but other factors will probably manage to find a way to obstruct it, and, honestly, I'd rather be camping.

God Bless,
Stanley

P.S. Listening to Woe of Tyrants! It doesn't get anymore epic than that!

P.P.S I really hope this doesn't sound lazy and apathetic because after reading this, it kind of does. Please don't take it the wrong way. It's certainly an honor, it just doesn't seem like something I want to do. Maybe I'm just being irrational and stupid. That's probably it.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, he wants to go camping instead of trying to get a good career, totally joking, I might have done the same......maybe. I have not gotten such letters so it probably isn't THAT special...maybe...
    What are your thoughts about the american government?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, camping is one of my favorite things to do. It's one of life's simplest joys. lol you make me sound like a monster. but honestly, I don't see myself pursuing a career in law or in politics. Law would involve too much digging through laws and technicalities and WAY too much bureaucracy. Same goes for politics. I am incredibly disenfranchised with politics and I could never go after a career in politics and retain my sanity.
    My thoughts on the american government? That's a pretty loaded question. Perhaps you will allow me to answer it in my blog post tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete