Friday, November 25, 2011

Sculpt the Earth

Do you ever just read about random stuff on the internet? Well, today, I decided to type "avant-garde" into wikipedia. Interesting article, but at the bottom there was a list of related articles. This list was composed of a long list of experimental art, music, and literary movements. I found this to be exceedingly interesting. However, the one that interested me the most was "land art." Land artists sculpt the earth to create works of art. Picture the Nazca Lines only more recent and generally having to do with geometric shapes. Cool right? That's what I thought too! Sounds like a beautiful and amazing medium of art! Now, I'm brainstorming on how to do it. The American River "wilderness" is very close to my house, perhaps that will be my canvas? Such new ideas really excite me! Google "land art" and enjoy some of these works for yourself.

Another idea that was planted in my mind is the concept of "mail art." Mail art is the art of decorating envelopes, postcards, and custom "artistamps." Then, you send it through the postal system. Sounds like a fun way to make art and share it! The lines between normal people and artists are being blurred so normal people like me can partake in the joy of art!

It's come to my attention that I need more extracurricular activities to be attractive to colleges. So, I've been searching for things to do, ways to volunteer, and ways to take leadership. On Tuesday I applied to volunteer at the library (fun!! :D). I am planning to be a camp counselor over the summer; I want to get a job at some point next year or the year after that. Now I have my eye out for ways to improve my status in the eyes of universities. btw, I've also considered finally taking up Tai Chi. I've always wanted to and I plan on finding a place to take classes for that...

Right now, I'm listening to a new band that I like called "From Atlantis." They're re-releasing their ep "Echoes and Answers" in a few days. It's really awesome! It's just typical post-hardcore, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Next to me is "Orthodoxy" by Chesterton, "Apocalypse Not!" by Bolch and Lyons, and "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levin. My grandma made me promise to read "Liberty and Tyranny" so since she's coming for Christmas, I have decided to start now so as not to disappoint her.

I have not started on Part 3 of TIAOMEIAS because I need to sufficiently flesh out the next progression. However, I have been thinking about topics for a short story that I will write in one piece.

God Bless,
Stanley

P.S. This month, my blog has had 46 hits from Russia. If you're in Russia and reading this, I appreciate your viewership!


No comments:

Post a Comment