Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Like The Rainforest As Much As The Next Guy...

Yes, I like the rainforest JUST as much as you do Al Gore! Except, there's a key difference, Al. That difference is HOW I like the rainforest. You see, you, my friend, do not have a creator God who, in His benevolence, created a work of art and is actively sustaining it. You simply have a blind force governing an ecological system and that is being snuffed out! With every tree that is chopped down, a statistical miracle is wiped from the face of the earth and it's all man's fault! Believe me, Mr. Gore, I know exactly where you're coming from. I hope I've demonstrated that to you, but that's not the end. Now, it appears that your little apocalypse isn't as real as you thought it was. But oh no! That can't be! You simply have too much invested in this movement and there is just so much momentum behind it! What can it hurt? It's a good cause anyway right? No. Keep your grubby bureaucratic hands off of nature (and industry too. That's another story...) You're not satisfied with controlling people, now you have to control nature too. You see, your entire movement is a hoax but it's a profitable hoax. Yet, it has one more advantage. You have the advantage of false benevolence on your side. Surely, if I denounce you I am a hater of mankind, the earth, and puppies! Isn't that a lovely veil to hide behind? And hide behind it you have! The environmental deception has fooled far too many well meaning people. Yes, those hippies who make organic smoothies and tie themselves to trees genuinely care about the environment! They have a problem though. They have no logical basis for doing so. In the world they have created, a world without God, nature is simply the product of blind chance. This blind chance, being not so blind, is called Natural Selection. They don't understand that they are simply trying to save an obsolete machine! Natural Selection has decided nature needs to go. Make way for humans! The strongest survive, no? So stop fighting a dying cause. You can't fight Natural Selection. You are undertaking an impossible task.
Now, what if there was a God? Hypothetically, of course. Now, this God would probably create the world we see before us. Consider His handiwork. The vast and complex thing called "The Universe" clearly shows a sense of intelligence and wisdom, yes? This God who is there needs to uphold nature as well, because, clearly, nature needs a hand judging by how things are going. Well, now nature derives meaning not from itself, but from it's Creator. Nature, as a finite entity, cannot have worth in and of itself. It must derive it's worth from a higher power. Something outside of it. Perhaps it's creator? Yes. This is why I love nature. This is why I can look at the sky, the forest, the tallest creature, and the smallest insect, and yes, even the rainforest, and see value. Nature is precious not because of what it is, but because who made it and who is behind it. Nature is a mirror where God reflects his wisdom and creativity. The mirror is valuable because of the reflection that it contains. When I revel in the joys of a waterfall, I revel in the handiwork of God. That is why nature is important. THAT is why it is precious.

God Bless,
Stanley

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I thank you for expressing your feelings... I just wonder what Mr. Gore would say... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josiah! I'm glad you liked that post. It was really spontaneous and stream of thought but I'm happy it turned out so well! And yes. I would really like to hear what Mr. Gore has to say on it!

    ReplyDelete