Saturday, January 14, 2012

UPDATE: Why I Love Religion AND Jesus

I was reading White Horse Inn's blog this morning and they had a post on this exact subject. It was short, but they put a 13 minute video at the end. It's made by a Lutheran, but he goes through and line by line refutes the "Why I Hate Religion and Love Jesus" video. It's incredibly well done so I decided to post it below. (Keep in mind he IS a Lutheran.)

http://youtu.be/TbsadOQK_6A

I think the best part about the video is that he points out that while this man is teaching the Gospel, he is destroying it's foundation in the process. That's the heart of the problem. Christ said that "if you love me, you will keep my commandments." Without the church, fellowship, teaching, and doctrine, then how do you follow Christ's commandments? You are left with an undefined, personal journey and that is not the whole picture that the Bible paints.

God Bless,
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment