Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rushdoony Signature? Level UP.

Excuse me while I geek out.
Today I received a signed copy of Rousas J. Rushdoony's book "Foundation of Social Orders." Could this be the most awesome thing this month? Maybe longer? Well that 1st edition copy of Elmer Gantry was pretty cool... HOWEVER! I believe this MAY top that. This copy happens to be hardcover and a first edition copy as well. I've been waiting for it and it finally arrived! We've been working through this book in Bible class this year. The book is about the creeds of the church and I have to say, it's fascinating. I highly recommend you pick up a copy.

Next, I received a letter from University of Miami today! I spent 7 years of my life in Florida and I really love that state. Going back and spending college there would be nice, however, I don't see it happening. I've got other plans for now. Plans that happen to be much more realistic. However, it's super encouraging to see that they would send me a letter addressed to me. Certainly made me happy.

On an even lighter note, my aunt and uncle sent me 5 bucks in the mail. They're so awesome! Love them a lot. Gotta email them a thank you note...

Song I've been addicted to recently:
The Guns of Brixton by The Clash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxechIyaWaE
and here's a cover of it by Dropkick Murphy's. It's awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpGvclSduc

God Bless,
Stanley

P.S. I'll have some deeper food for thought tomorrow. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment