Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's been too long...

Wow! It has been ages! School and life have stolen me away from writing and sharing on my blog. There was a time in my life when I would sit down and write a blog post every day. Haha That got old fast! I feel that I started this blog at a time in my life when my ideas were beginning to take form by their interaction from others. As I go back and read what I've written, much of it is written in reaction to other ideas, as though I am groping for the truth in the face of opposition. I honestly needed an outlet and place to speak out loud. I'm thankful that this blog has given me that opportunity. 

However, I've come to realize that I don't need this blog as a platform for me to spew my ideas and go on diatribes. haha Not to say, I won't be posting, because I'd actually like to get back into posting regularly, but now I think my form is going to change. I do a LOT of writing for school, so I think I will be posting the things I am learning at school. I will of course be writing opinion pieces when the fancy strikes. I have matured a lot of these past few years, but I certainly haven't stopped having opinions. I've simply become more charitable about my opinions.

It's my senior year. I honestly am not sure how to comprehend it because it's what I've been waiting so eagerly for since junior high. Now that it's here, it's rather underwhelming. It's not as cool as I thought it would be and it's certainly more stressful. Senior year means work and hard classes, and Pre Calculus was just that. I'm not exactly ashamed of this, but I dropped the class. Considering all the factors, I think it was wise. What I'm truly excited about though is my Calvin's Institutes Study class. Instead of taking Pre Calculus, I wrote my own self directed study course and now I'm working through Calvin's Institutes. I outline as I go and then turn in a two page paper at the end of the week. Calvin is so cool! haha Calvin is even cooler coming straight from Calvin's mouth. So, I will be posting those essays weekly. 

I'm looking at colleges right now. In all honesty, I've been looking at colleges since Freshman year, but it wasn't the same. The pressure is on now. It's imminent. There are a lot of options, but I believe that I've narrowed it down. The Lord has called me to academia to teach and disciple young people in the Word. The Lord has impressed that on me. Sometimes I lose sight of that but He shakes me out of my stupor. I need to pick the college that will equip me to go out and serve Him. I've narrowed it down to (in no particular order) Covenant College, Trinity Western University, Wheaton College, and Ripon College. The Lord will lead me to the right school, I trust Him. 

Anyways, this post was kinda personal. haha Hope it wasn't boring. I will be posting more in the coming days, and I will definitely be sharing more about how the Lord has worked in my life. It feels good to be back. I hate to let my blog sit here like this and collect dust. Blogging is good for the soul.

God bless,
Stanley

2 comments:

  1. Dear Stanley,
    Blogging every day would be too much for me as well!
    I find a regular weekly imput suits me best, but everyone is different.
    I wish you every success in teaching at your new school. You are right, trust in the Lord and he will direct your footsteps. And that includes which school or college to teach in.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, Frank! I know the Lord has a plan, and I'm excited for it, but I am constantly seeking to walk in humility in that plan. It's all about how i can serve His kingdom.
    btw, I believe you've misunderstood me. I've been intentionally ambiguous about this in the past, but I'm actually only 17. So, I'm not teaching at a school. My goal someday is to be a professor, but I've got another almost 11 years before I get my PhD. I believe it's where I will be able to serve the Lord the most effectively. I'm making big decisions about which college to attend right now and learning all I can about academia. I really do appreciate that you read my blog.

    ReplyDelete